A new beginning
Welcome to JustTV 2.0 – now with less fat (or at least less spam). I’ve shifted over to WordPress, as Moveable Type was creating more work for less results for me. I hope this site serves its reader(s) well – let me know what I can do to improve the layout & functionality. All the old posts & comments have been moved, so feel free to add your thoughts through a hopefully more user-friendly system. Thanks for visiting!
Filed under: Meta-blogging | Leave a Comment
random thoughts from media scholar Jason Mittell
Check out my books:Complex TV: The Poetics of Contemporary Television Storytelling How To Watch Television Television & American Culture
Genre and Television: From Cop Shows to Cartoons in American Culture
Academia Books Complex TV Copyright Fair Use Fandom Film Genre MediaCommons Media Politics Media Studies Meta-blogging Middlebury Narrative New Media Not Quite TV Open Access Press Publishing Taste Teaching Technology Television TV Industry TV Shows TV Textbook Vermont Videogames Videographic Criticism Viewers
- RT @bloodhaiI: https://t.co/7IDW49vaD0 10 hours ago
- RT @JamesFallows: Will say it one more time: however you assess HRC campaign skills, her ad-making team is v good at what they do https://t… 10 hours ago
- Please, @nottjmiller, film a TED talk dramatic reading of this as Ehrlich Bachman! twitter.com/mattbuchanan/s… 14 hours ago
- RT @midwestspitfire: If fat women were finally what derailed that Trump train… it’s too much. The brain cannot fathom such well-constructed… 14 hours ago
- RT @NoelMu: ICYMI, for your lunchtime perusal, I wrote about how “prestige TV” defaults to adults-only, and why that may be a problem. http… 15 hours ago
- Learn Videographic Criticism – at Middlebury and on the road!
- Specifications Grading for a New Course
- Return to Specifications Grading
- Announcing Two Additional Videographic Criticism Workshops!
- Mind the Gap: Brief Thoughts on Seriality from Berlin
- Institutionalizing Open Access
- The Videographic Essay: A New Book
- ADAPTATION.’s Anomalies: A New Video Essay
- First Update on My Specifications Grading Experiment
- Academics Writing for the Public