CSI:Miami’s Painful Pleasures
I’m heading out of town for a long weekend, but a quick pointer over to In Media Res – we’ve been running a theme week about the CSI series, and I’m finishing off the series with a discussion of a fanvid compilation of David Caruso’s cheesiest moments. Check it out!
Filed under: Meta-blogging, TV Shows | Leave a Comment
random thoughts from media scholar Jason Mittell
Check out my books:Complex TV: The Poetics of Contemporary Television Storytelling How To Watch Television Television & American Culture
Genre and Television: From Cop Shows to Cartoons in American Culture
Academia Books Complex TV Copyright Fair Use Fandom Film Genre MediaCommons Media Politics Media Studies Meta-blogging Middlebury Narrative New Media Not Quite TV Open Access Press Publishing Taste Teaching Technology Television TV Industry TV Shows TV Textbook Vermont Videogames Videographic Criticism Viewers
- I was inspired by a great #scms17, especially by great panels on GIFs & video essays. So I made this at the airport: videographicsandbox.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/sin… 2 hours ago
- RT @jonfavs: Perhaps the Republicans Trump is savaging on health care might wanna join the bipartisan call for an independent Russia invest… 5 hours ago
- Inspired by @mznewman & @jmalkows excellent #scms17 panel, I've spent past 2 hours in airport making GIFs of SINGIN' IN THE RAIN. #Research 8 hours ago
- After we all laughed, he followed up, "I should know - I work for the man!" #resist twitter.com/jmittell/statu… 10 hours ago
- TSA agent announcement at ORD check-in: "You can still smile at the airport. Our president may be insane, but this is not a prison." 10 hours ago
- A Preamble for Teaching Media during the Trump Administration
- Learn Videographic Criticism – at Middlebury and on the road!
- Specifications Grading for a New Course
- Return to Specifications Grading
- Announcing Two Additional Videographic Criticism Workshops!
- Mind the Gap: Brief Thoughts on Seriality from Berlin
- Institutionalizing Open Access
- The Videographic Essay: A New Book
- ADAPTATION.’s Anomalies: A New Video Essay
- First Update on My Specifications Grading Experiment