CSI:Miami’s Painful Pleasures
I’m heading out of town for a long weekend, but a quick pointer over to In Media Res – we’ve been running a theme week about the CSI series, and I’m finishing off the series with a discussion of a fanvid compilation of David Caruso’s cheesiest moments. Check it out!
Filed under: Meta-blogging, TV Shows | Leave a Comment
random thoughts from media scholar Jason Mittell
Check out my books:Complex TV: The Poetics of Contemporary Television Storytelling How To Watch Television Television & American Culture
Genre and Television: From Cop Shows to Cartoons in American Culture
Academia Books Complex TV Copyright Fair Use Fandom Film Genre MediaCommons Media Politics Media Studies Meta-blogging Middlebury Narrative New Media Not Quite TV Open Access Press Publishing Taste Teaching Technology Television TV Industry TV Shows TV Textbook Vermont Videogames Videographic Criticism Viewers
- RT @HillaryClinton: It's 3:20am. As good a time as any to tweet about national service. hrc.io/2d35BB5 1 hour ago
- RT @petermaer: .@MajorCBS:@realDonaldTrump tweet alleging beauty queen sex tape is1st time pres candidate recommended porn to supporters. @… 12 hours ago
- Note that of this tweet's two likes, one is from @realDHTrump himself. Sad! twitter.com/realdhtrump/st… 16 hours ago
- RT @Fahrenthold: NEW: @realdonaldtrump's Fdn, totally reliant on other people's $, lacks state certification to raise $ from others. https:… 1 day ago
- RT @pourmecoffee: Good morning. Your Republican nominee has been up all night rage-tweeting. https://t.co/mL1ovBY1bm 1 day ago
- Learn Videographic Criticism – at Middlebury and on the road!
- Specifications Grading for a New Course
- Return to Specifications Grading
- Announcing Two Additional Videographic Criticism Workshops!
- Mind the Gap: Brief Thoughts on Seriality from Berlin
- Institutionalizing Open Access
- The Videographic Essay: A New Book
- ADAPTATION.’s Anomalies: A New Video Essay
- First Update on My Specifications Grading Experiment
- Academics Writing for the Public