Off to Claremont
Just a note that I’m heading for a quick cross-country jaunt to present at the Claremont Colleges Media in Transition Conference on Saturday. If you’re in the LA area and want to hear some smart people talk about digital media – and also hear my presentation – I believe the conference is free & open to the public.
[And an early morning update – it was -11 degrees when I left my house this morning. California here I come!]
Filed under: Academia, Meta-blogging | 2 Comments
Tags: claremont colleges, conferences, pomona
random thoughts from media scholar Jason Mittell
Check out my books:Complex TV: The Poetics of Contemporary Television Storytelling How To Watch Television Television & American Culture
Genre and Television: From Cop Shows to Cartoons in American Culture
Academia Books Complex TV Copyright Fair Use Fandom Film Genre MediaCommons Media Politics Media Studies Meta-blogging Middlebury Narrative New Media Not Quite TV Open Access Press Publishing Taste Teaching Technology Television TV Industry TV Shows TV Textbook Vermont Videogames Videographic Criticism Viewers
- RT @danielpunkass: Make facing a town hall crowd as uncomfortable for GOP Senators as they make facing a public restroom for trans people. 17 hours ago
- RT @katelaity: This whole thread twitter.com/smartassjen/st… 21 hours ago
- RT @longwall26: One thing I will say about [literally any topic] is that [self-praise indicative of deep emotional damage inflicted by indi… 21 hours ago
- RT @daveweigel: Honestly the funniest 2018 result would be: Dems win the majority based on suburbs after reporters spend two years canvassi… 21 hours ago
- Took advantage of son's school break to catch great new Lego movie, aka BOJACK BATMAN. 1 day ago
- A Preamble for Teaching Media during the Trump Administration
- Learn Videographic Criticism – at Middlebury and on the road!
- Specifications Grading for a New Course
- Return to Specifications Grading
- Announcing Two Additional Videographic Criticism Workshops!
- Mind the Gap: Brief Thoughts on Seriality from Berlin
- Institutionalizing Open Access
- The Videographic Essay: A New Book
- ADAPTATION.’s Anomalies: A New Video Essay
- First Update on My Specifications Grading Experiment